Replacement Omega Key Fob - AndyJS
Hi. My key fob for my M reg Omega has died on me. Unfortunately the local Vauxhall dealership haven't got any replacements in stock as they have been on back order since December!! As I can't start the car without using the fob does anyone know if/where I can get a replacement asap.

Thanks

Andy
Replacement Omega Key Fob - johnboy
I thought mine had died on me recently. Took it to the dealer for a battery and a very helpful parts man showed me that it wasn't the battery, but a poor contact inside the key fob. He took it apart and packed it with a small piece of card to re-make the contact and it's been fine ever since.
Replacement Omega Key Fob - Sooty Tailpipes
These are the older infra red ones right?
These are on ebay from time to time, but also try

3D Shoe Repairs

465 Westdale Lane, Mapperley
Nottingham NG3 6DH

T: 0115 952 2772
F: 0115 952 2772
Replacement Omega Key Fob - Dynamic Dave
Your vaux dealer *should* be able to temporarily disable the immobiliser by plugging in their TEC2 system to your car\'s diagnostic socket.

As they don\'t have any replacement keys in stock, I would push for them to do this for free as it\'s their fault you have to wait for one.
Replacement Omega Key Fob - AndyJS
Thanks for the advice. I'll try and get it sorted this afternoon. I can't believe that something as simple as a key fob could cause so much hassle. Surely these things are pretty generic and could be programmed by the dealers for they type of car etc.

Thanks

Andy
Replacement Omega Key Fob - SpamCan61 {P}
The infra red remote doesn't have to be working to allow the car to operate normally; mine gave up the ghost weeks ago.

The ignition key itself needs a correctly coded chip in it; but most high street kay cutting companies will copy an existing key for 20 - 25 quid.