Corsa warning light - tartanraider
A friend has just asked my advice.She has an orange warning light showing.It has the symbol representing the engine with a "lightning flash" in the middle.She doesn't have the manual to hand,any ideas folks?
Corsa warning light - John S
This light is indicating that there is a fault in the engine management system. Probably a sensor which has gone faulty. As the car's still running it means the engine management has substituted a 'standard value' for its input, which will allow operation with some compromise on performance and economy. May possibly damage the catalyst if its run too long.

If the car's been run for a while with the light on the Engine Mnagement will have logged the problem, and a VX dealer can easily download the fault code and see what's wrong.

REgards

John S
Thanks for the reply and esp. the warning about the cat,regds

Kenny
Corsa warning light - Civic8
www.topbuzz1.carenthusiasts.co.uk/info/fault_codes...m

this works sorry
Corsa warning light - Civic8
This site may help.www.topbuzz1.carenthusiasts.co.uk/info/fault_codes...c
odes.htm
mech1,what can I say? I'm impressed by your response and thanks for taking the time to pass on that info.I won't be fiddling with it myself,not my car,if it was mine I'd have a go!I will pass it on to my friend and maybe she can keep it out of the clutches of the main dealer vultures with a little help from hewr fella,thanks again mech1!

Kenny