Kuhmo Tyres? - robert
Has anybody heard of Kuhmo Tyres. I pal told me about them today. Seem very "low cost", but are not remoulds. Seem to be about 50% of the cost of normal branded tyres - like for like.

In anticipation .......
Re: Kuhmo Tyres? - David W
Robert,

Ever driven on tyres made of cheese?

Then you've driven on the like of Kuhmos.

Ok if you have low expectations.

David
Re: Kuhmo Tyres? - David W
OK I'm a bit out voted here but for the record.....

Have driven a Renault 19TD that went from Goodyears to Kuhmo and then to Michelins. Also a Citroen ZX that went from Michelin to Kuhmo and back to Michelin. I think the Renault was on 175/70x13SR and Citroen used 165/70x13SR.

With both cars the Kuhmo tyres ruined the turn-in response and gave a feeling of poor security on higher speed corners with unpredictible surfaces. Also they suffered from more balance/out of round problems than the better tyres.

No axe to grind here, just experience.

I suppose the issue here is those likely to have them fitted will be happy with the performance.

David
Re: Kuhmo Tyres? - Richard Hall
I've used Kumho Powerguard 4x4 tyres on a Toyota Hilux and was quite impressed with them. Don't know what their road tyres are like, but I know someone who fitted them to a Citroen ZX and says they are fine. I haven't driven the car myself though.
Kuhmo Tyres - David Lacey
As for budget tyres, these Kumho Tyres are fine. We have fitted many in our workshops with no adverse comment from customers.
They do seem incredibly cheap and last reasonably well.

Rgds

David
Re: Kuhmo Tyres - Tony
Kuhmo tyres do the job very well,you can pay plenty more for a recognised brand,and for most users,they wouldnt know the difference.
Re: Kuhmo Tyres? - THe Growler
Kumho Tires have been well-known and widely know throughout the Middle East and Asia for at least 20 years in the various countries I have lived in. Given the climatic and road conditions there they would have to be of good and durable quality, I would have thought. If they can survive Manila taxis, they can survive pretty much anything.
Re: Kuhmo Tyres? - Ben Chapman
I have experience with these tyres. I borrowed a pair when my front tyres became illegal, and i was looking for a new set of wheels. In comparison with the Goodyear Eagle (argh, cant remember the name of them, they are the ones with the tred pattern made up of loads of rectangles) they replaced they were poor, particularly when driven near the limit. The best cheap tyres i found in the 185/60 14H size were the Falcon tyres sold by euro car parts. I thought these tyres were excellent for the money. ECP do them in a large range of sizes. I suggest anyone who wants a "preformance" tyre for sensible money check them out. However, they are still not as good as my S0-2's, but at the price you cant complain.

Ben