'Scooters' - Mapmaker
I've seen two of these on the streets of London this week.

They sound as though they're powered with a 2 stroke; traditional push & stand on it sort of scooter - except motorised.

I've seen them driven on roads; pavements.

Are they a new craze? (crazy?) or old.
'Scooters' - Civic8
Are they a new craze? (crazy?) or old.

They have been on our streets/pathways for a long time now.most are dangerous due to the way they are ridden and are being ridden by some very young kids.should be banned.they arent meant to be used on the road/path only on private land
'Scooters' - frostbite
I think they were discussed in an earlier thread and the consensus was that they were not 'legal' on any public road, path, park, etc..
'Scooters' - Malcolm_L
I've seen several around my area.
No crash helmets and ridden by children whose parents have too much money and not enough sense.

Unfortunately, it will take a serious injury or worse to get these things off the streets.

'Scooters' - Mapmaker
I encountered one going up the road near my house on Monday(ridden by a youth) as I had my head under the bonnet. Needless to say it went the wrong way up the one way street.

The other was being driven yesterday around Kings Cross. I followed its middle aged female 'driver' anticlockwise round the ringroad for a while. I then caught her up in Bloomsbury, where she took to the pavement.
'Scooters' - Dwight Van Driver
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=18...2

DVD