New disks £27,000 - madf
New Porsche disks cost £27,000 and don\'t really work!

{link temp removed. DD}

The Porsche Ceramic Composite brake system fitted to 911 GT2s does not really work very well, the disks crack and cost £27,000 to replace..

Talk about overengineering....

madf

New disks £27,000 - Dynamic Dave
madf,

I've removed the link from your post. When I clicked on it, it let me log into that forum as you. If you can provide an alternate link, I'll edit it into your original post.

DD.
New disks £27,000 - NitroBurner
Did the same to me DD.

But £27K for new brakes? I doubt it...
New disks £27,000 - madf

Oh! Thanks...

well sorry I cannot paste a link but here it is..in cut down form from EVO magazine... and reformatted ..
www.evo.co.uk you'll have to register.. (free and back issue data so worth reading..)

Porsche claimed that each PCCB disc would offer 'a service life of approximately 300,000km (186,000 miles)'.

Many Porsche owners - who either bought GT2s or paid the £6000 option price to have the PCCB system fitted to a GT3 - are finding that the discs and pads don't last . .....Replacing four PCCB discs and pads costs over £27,000 !!!

(I did not believe it at first but I assume when fitted they were made as part of a large production batch ordered by Porsche. replacement I suspect are produced to order in small batches.. and a HUGE markup (bit of a captive market altho they can switch back to steel disks...)Basically Porsche are saying "switch to steel disks but if you must force us we'll make sure we make a big profit".

madf