Insurance - Peter
I thought a few BR's might be interested in this.

My lad crashed his car on the 28th April, his fault.

Direct Line responded very quickly, car towed away within the hour. Good people on the telephone. Car inspected and condemmed. Cheque for payment of car in today's post. Excellent service.

Mind you he'll be paying a premium for a few years but that's life.
Insurance - No Do$h
Good to hear a success story for Direct Line. They often take a beating on here for doing the exact opposite of what you describe. Thanks for the posting.

No Dosh
Backroom Moderator
mailto:moderators@honestjohn.co.uk
Insurance - Mapmaker
They pretty rapidly (3 weeks?) sent me a (piffling!) cheque following my theft, despite my being rather slow in responding to them.
Insurance - Ash
Bought a 1 yr old Polo Sport TDi 1.9, collected car on 18th April. On 22nd april a Motorbiker crashed into 4 cars, including mine. Lots of damage all round. Contacted insurance that evening and was asked to call back the next morning (23rd) due to computer problems. Rang next day, was contacted by approved repairer that afternoon to arrange collection of my car. I was also provided with a solicitor. Car collected from my door on 27th and a loan car dropped off.

Contacted by repairer today, car should be ready by next Tuesday. This includes replacing drivers side rear quarter panel.

Not bad 'eh !

Insurance company: Zurich (previously Eagle Star)