Toyota Corolla - Robbie
A friend of mine is looking to buy a new Corolla, and has been informed by his local dealer that the colour and model he wants is in short supply due to a facelift/model change in July. He contacted Toyota who said they were not aware of any change.

Anyone know who is correct? When I was thinking of getting a new Vectra Estate, Vauxhall informed me they were not aware of any new 1.9 diesel engines, despite having read about them in the Telegraph.
Toyota Corolla - NowWheels
HJ, I hope you don't mind me making a small suggestion to improve the excellent car-by-car breakdown. It is a brilliant resource, but a few small presentational tweaks would greatly improve its useability

I looked at the entry for the Vectra, and the first paragraph (the one about the model info) is very long: a full screen high on my 17" monitor.

Even tho I read with the specific aim of finding the info on the new engines, it was quite hard to find what I was looking for. The very long paragraph is near-impossible to scan, and very hard to read: the eye has difficulty tracking its place in such a big block of text.

Useability studies by the highly-respected Jakob Nielsen and others empahasise the importance of short paragraphs when writing for the web (see, for example www.useit.com/alertbox/9710a.html )

Breaking up the long paras and using bullet points and/or sub-headings would make the wealth of information there much more accessible to the many people who do appreciate its value, and do actually look there

Hope rhis helps!

Toyota Corolla - Robbie
I think I've been misunderstood, or perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I'm not seeking information about the Vectra - I've recently bought a new Accord Tourer - merely pointing out that when I was thinking about changing to a Vectra Estate, Vauxhall told me that there were no plans for the JTD engine to be fitted. Perhaps Toyota are taking the same stance as Vauxhall did with me.
Toyota Corolla - Robbie
I've just been to the Car-by Car Breakdown and can see no mention of an update to the Corolla, merely Corolla 2002 >. The Verso is mentioned from 2004, but he's not interested in the Verso. Have I missed something?
Toyota Corolla - No Do$h
Robbie, if you scan towards the bottom of the entry for the 2002- Corolla you will see reference to a facelift in May 2004. It also points to the picture as being an example of the facelift. As it is just a facelift it doesn't get its own heading as a Corolla 2004-

The Vectra reference was merely an example of a typical car-by-car entry.

I agree with NoWheels, it is hard work to dredge out the info, but HJ only has so many hours in a day and I should imagine the data comes in from the manufacturers in emails, press releases and odd teaser snippets, making it difficult to come up with a standard presentational format.
Toyota Corolla - Robbie
"Facelifted for UK (compare with Corolla Altis)."

I can't see any reference to a facelift for May 2004.

The last line is as I've pasted above. I'm none the wiser about a facelift/model change in July for the Corolla Saloon.
Toyota Corolla - No Do$h
Try the heading for the Corolla rather than saloon. Facelift is just that, the face. Saloon or hatch, the front is the same.

Anyone aware of any significant differences between the Saloon and Hatch apart from the sticky-out bit at the back? Perhaps scope to just have the one entry HJ?
Toyota Corolla - Robbie
Thanks ND, can see it now. Bit confusing.
Toyota Corolla - No Do$h
No problem matey.
Toyota Corolla - NowWheels
Try the heading for the Corolla rather than saloon. Facelift
is just that, the face. Saloon or hatch, the front
is the same.

[pedant] actually, in this case it ain't quite the same :) [/pedant]
Anyone aware of any significant differences between the Saloon and Hatch
apart from the sticky-out bit at the back?

difft grille -- not sure abt other bits. But saloon built in Turkey (hatch in UKania), so presumably there is scope for further divegence