rust paints n primers ...good ones?? - steveo30
while im fully aware nothing will stop rust spot completetly...i try to keep my cars as good as i can

im looking for suggestions on paint/primer for small scabs like on the floor pans/chassis rails etc

i dont have acces to lots of equipment...i usually scraper the loose under seal away with a wood chisel and dremel the rust to clean as possible metal

so far ive had poor results with..hammerite(chips/peels easy) finegans rust primer(doesnt seem to help) and waxoil(doesnt do much on less than perfect surfaces)

ive been told to try jenolite re-paint

any comments/suggestions

steve
anyone?
rust paints n primers ...good ones?? - Sooty Tailpipes
A few years ago, there was a test of such painst in Car mechanics magazine, both Hammerite products came last, with rusting/bubbling under the paint very soon.
The best was some unheard of brand of proffessional high-zinc primer, the zinc dust in the paint gets oxidised before the steel, and once the zinc has oxidised, it's an even better barrier. Try a local auto paint factor from the yellow pages, they will sell you a 500ml tin I don't doubt, and proffessional sealers etc.. if you like.
rust paints n primers ...good ones?? - madf
Bonda Rust Prime with Zinc.

Used all the others : this appears best. Follow the instructions: up to 7 days curing time.. Not too costly.

Most of the rest don't last..

madf

rust paints n primers ...good ones?? - Aprilia
Try POR15 from Frost Automotive www.frost.co.uk

Its not the cheapest, but a lot of the classic car guys use it and it seems to work.
where do i buy this bonda stuff??

ive tried por15...seems a tad picky on preperation