Golf dieselwont start when interior warm - grae459
irratic problem. 1999 1.9 GT TDI Golf. When starting the car at various times it will fire up and after 2 seconds stops again. This only appears to happen when the interior of car is warm or the car is left in direct sunlight. Allougth this problem may have something to do with the Blip and or immobiliser. Hope you can help with some advice.
Thanks again
Golf dieselwont start when interior warm - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
It is an immobiliser problem, the symptoms fit the fault exactly. I suspect that if you can get the car to someone with VAG-com or the official VW tool you may find a fault logged for the key reader around the ignition switch. The immobiliser on your car forms part of the dash insert (dials).Just as an aside bearing in mind the warm interior bit, on some VWs the car wont be allowed to start if the drivers door is open!
Andrew

Simplicate and add lightness!!
Golf dieselwont start when interior warm - grae459
Thanks for the reply. However this problem seems to be directly related to the temperature of the interior of the car. As the car is used and the interior gets warmer the car will get slightly harder to start. Also if the car is left in direct sunlight for a period of time it will turn but not start. If this is a ECU problem can i simply get one from a local breakers. Also if i get an ECU from a 115 or 130bhp car will that make a difference to my 110bhp car?? Any help is appreciated.
thanks