2000X zafira, 100k m, £6k - any point? - mustard
I am looking for a Zafira DTI, and hoping to spend under 7 grand. They're hard to come by (at least in the Leeds area). I've seen an X-reg Comfort DTI for £6000, but it has over 100k miles.

Is there any point considering it, or will I be replacing parts left right and centre from day one? It has a full service history, and the garage folks reckon it's in good condition.

Thanks
2000X zafira, 100k m, £6k - any point? - Altea Ego
Budget for a lot of oil, these things eat engine oil for breakfast.
2000X zafira, 100k m, £6k - any point? - SpamCan61 {P}
In general I think they only eat engine oil if they haven't been run in properly i.e. they need regular thrashings during the first few thousand miles. This is mentioned somewhere in the CBC IIRC.

Trouble is no way of knowing whether a 2000X was run in properly or not :-/
2000X zafira, 100k m, £6k - any point? - Ivor E Tower
How many miles do you intend to put on it? If you're only going to do a few thousand a year it should be OK, but bear in mind things like wheelbearings and suspension bushes will have much wear.
2000X zafira, 100k m, £6k - any point? - Aprilia
A lot of the auxilliary components will be well worn (think about alternator, PAS, waterpump, heater motor, all those other little bits an pieces).

Its a lot of money for a car with that mileage.

Have you thought about a Nissan Tino with the 2.2Diesel engine?
2000X zafira, 100k m, £6k - any point? - mustard
The 7 seats were attractive, as we've got 3 kids and it would be nice to be able take 1 or 2 extra adults, or have a bit of flexible boot space.

Also preferred Zafira over the Sharan/Galaxy/Almeras as it has the footprint of an Astra - easier to drive and park, esp for my 4'10" wife.