Second car choice - made complicated! - Soupytwist
I need to replace our second car. The choice is limited because I have a Britax Isofix car seat which has only been tested for use in certain cars, like our current second car, an '02 SEAT Ibiza diesel (it's a three door hatchback and the prospect of trying to get two kids into the back of it is not a nice one). So, I would like to continue to attach the car seat to Isofix points and will probably get another seat the same when our second one needs it. Our other car is a Skoda Octavia which the car seat fits and it's just handy to be able to swap the seat between cars as required. What I don't really want to do is spend any money to change.

From the list of approved cars - www.britax.co.uk/isofix/isofix_vcg_2.htm - I have identified the following as possibilities (the Bentley Continental being just outside the budget) based largely on my own prejudices (I don't want another Octavia for example) and spending time on here :

Nissan Almera or Primera
Seat Leon, another Ibiza (we wouldn't be getting rid of it if we'd bought a 5 door to start with), Cordoba Vario (few and far between).
Mazda 323

Can anyone see anything else from the Britax list which might meet the critera ?

1. I don't want to have to use the additional tether that is required with some cars (we'd only end up losing it)
2. I don't want to have spend any money so it must be worth no more than I'll get for the SEAT - early '02 plate, 100 bhp TDi S, 10,000 miles, full history.
3. I'd like something that is at least mildly interesting to drive & reliable.
4. Doesn't have to be a diesel.

I know that the sensible answer is to have my wife cart the kids around in the Skoda, equipped with two car seats while I go to work in something that never has a car seat in it and it might yet come to that, but it would be good if it didn't have to.

Thanks

Matthew Kelly
No, not that one.
Second car choice - made complicated! - NowWheels
Skoda Fabia? Toyota Corolla? Seat Toledo?
Second car choice - made complicated! - DavidHM
Can't believe the Fabia's not on your list, either.

What shape is the Ibiza? And would you be willing to try to sell privately to get a bit more cash than a trade in would offer?
Re: Fabia. I know that this is really shallow (and it's my wife's opinion more than mine) but they're all driven by pensioners, except the VRS and that's not going to be within the budget. Part of the reason why another Octavia would be out is that my wife is unlikely to go for a second car the same as we've already got.

Ibiza is new shape, I would be prepared to sell privately & try to get a bit more. You don't see many about for sale do you ?
Matthew Kelly
No, not that one.
Second car choice - made complicated! - MB
This whole thing sounds crazy - why don't you just swap cars or buy car seats that will fit in Seat - it will cost you far less than changing the car. As soon as you sell the first you'll lose money, its replacement will lose £1,000 on the day you pick it up. Unless money is no object, I would find another solution...
MB
It's more that the Seat is a three door & putting a second child in the back will be difficult. Bad planning I know but we bought a three door when we had one child & now we're expecting another three door car plus two small kids = back pain.
Matthew Kelly
No, not that one.