VW Polo - steering wheel vibration - Big Cat
One of our cars, a 1988 Polo (130k miles) suffers from steering wheel vibration generally betwen 30 and 50 mph. Have replaced both front tyres as they were near their limit anyway and had them proerly balanced. Wheel still vibrates. Took it to another garage who said the balancing was fine.

What parts of the steering/suspension can cause this problem? What should I start to replace and in what order (cheapest/most likely things first etc.)
VW Polo - steering wheel vibration - Dynamic Dave
Have you also had the rears balanced?
VW Polo - steering wheel vibration - greaser pv
Usually wheel balance problems occur at higher speeds , I would therefore plump for poor quality tyres or a.n.other fault than balance esp. if it's been checked by another outfit
VW Polo - steering wheel vibration - Civic8
If you was getting a wobble on steering wheel ie left/right motion on steering.may have put it down to possible tyre imbalance/wheel.rear wheel balancing only usually causes car to vibrate and is unlikely to affect steering.when did it pass mot as usually any defects in suspension bushes are spotted at that time.It can occur if the steering column to rack joint is partially worn and isnt always detected on inspection.rack mountings may also cause it.but again should show up on MOT?
VW Polo - steering wheel vibration - spoke

hi i know its a long time ago but did you ever find what made your polo shake as i haveing same prob ?