Nippy Smart Car - Archie
Driving home tonight I was following a Smart City car, noticed the wheels were a little wider than usual. When we got to a gap in the traffic it disappeared at a phenomenal speed with a lovely howling exhaust. When I passed it later I saw that it was fitted with a Suzuki GSX-R 1000 engine. No wonder it went so well! I want one!
Nippy Smart Car - SjB {P}
A few years ago, I came across a guy who had one of those tiny delivery vans. Other than the fact that it was a Suzuki, I forget the model name, but you now the type. The dinky (toy!) box vans with dinky little wheels, and an equally dinky little engine mounted under the floor behind the driver... Except that in this case, the dinky little engine came from a Honda Fireblade motorcycle. Funnily enough, that went rather well too!
Nippy Smart Car - daveyjp
Was it in Yorkshire? The conversion was carried out by Z cars. They have done a similar job on the smart roadster and they ran out of runway at Elvington (almost 2 mile straight) before it topped out!! You can have one if you have the cash and a spare smart car!!
Nippy Smart Car - Archie
No it was in Maidenhead, Berkshire. Have had a look at the Z cars website, and the "Smarts r us" distributors but can't see how much it costs. I know what to do with my Lotto win now.
Nippy Smart Car - Dynamic Dave
but can't see how much it costs....

These were on Pulling Power recently. I vaguly remember James Alan saying something along the lines of £10,000 for the conversion, as well as the cost of a standard Smart.
Nippy Smart Car - SjB {P}
Holy smoke.
Seen the size of that drive sprocket?!
www.smartsrus.com/images/evil-twin_z-cars/main-pic...g