Pug 306 CL and Fusebox - TC 306XLD
Hi everyone.

Well, like many people here, I\'ve found this site because of central locking problems!

The infra red has never worked so everything I\'m talking about is using the key in the lock only.

I changed the radiator last weekend. It involved disconnecting the battery. When I reconnected the battery -everything fine BUT when I tried to lock the door -all 3 locks LOCK then UNLOCK straight away.

I know that the wiring looms from strut to door are common culprits but I\'ve examined these and they look A1

I\'m sure I remember having a similar problem a couple of years back and I solved it by fiddling with fuses etc. Which leads on to my next question;

-what the hell is SHUNT? In my Haynes manual fuse 8 and fuse 23 are SHUNT and I have no idea what this apart from a mix of two popular words uttered whilst trying to figure out my locking problem.

Any ideas?

Model: 1996 1905cc 306D TURBO
Pug 306 CL and Fusebox - solara
read this link...

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=14...5
Pug 306 CL and Fusebox - DL
Doesn't that locking action signify an open panel somewhere?
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
Pug 306 CL and Fusebox - was8v
I'm not sure on this but are the 2 shunt fuses for the radio and cig lighter? if so there is a choice of 2 positions - one where the feed is permanent ie radio will work when ignition off, and one where the feed goes off whent he ignition key is out.
Pug 306 CL and Fusebox - solara
I doubt it is the fuses. Probably a break in the latch sensor wiring loop somewhere. Most likely in the door conduits. Try my workaround (link above), then you will know for sure.