Audi A3 Fuel Economy - cjehuk
I've done about 1400 miles in the A3 now, and all round its a very nice car, but the economy seems a little on the low side still, the only way to break 50mpg is to do less than 70mph at all times, whereas the Passat has no problem breaking 50mpg on a journey. Except the passat has the old 110 TDI and 5 Speed box, while the Audi is the new 2.0TDI. My brim-to-brim average is about 43mpg currently, wondering what any other figures are out there. That's a mix of town and distance driving, about 50/50.

Chris
Audi A3 Fuel Economy - mfarrow
This does sound very low compared to official www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/ figures, but a quick search of the net reveals other people have had similar fuel economies. Try www.tyresmoke.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Num...= .
Audi A3 Fuel Economy - Dude - {P}
A diesel engine takes 10k miles to run in fully and free up, so you are not going to record the maximum potential mpg figures for some time.
Audi A3 Fuel Economy - cjehuk
I was hoping it might be just the running in needed to increase the economy. All the other diesel's I've driven have been over 30,000 when I've started driving them!

Chris
Audi A3 Fuel Economy - daveyjp
My A2 was the same. Bought with 3,000 miles on the clock I was doing 40ish MPG - now on 19,000 and this is now up to nearer 50.
Audi A3 Fuel Economy - colinh
Have a 320td which should be comparable to the A3 - long term average 49.5 - 50.5 in winter drops to 48.5 using a/c in summer (I'm in Spain). Not much town driving but plenty of low gear mountain climbing.