renault 5 acceleration trouble - dowsett1
when I accelerate I get a dip in power and then the engine seems to shudder for while was advised it was the accelerator pump diaphragm, change this to no avail still same problem when I pull the choke on it seems to help any ideas
renault 5 acceleration trouble - Civic8
I dont know the car but would assume it has distributer with vacuum advance/retard.may be the diaphram has gone in the dist/unit.or possibly the pipe from inlet manifold to vac/advance split.if electronic ignition pipe from manifold to elect/control unit split.worth a look anyway.Just a thought?
renault 5 acceleration trouble - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
I would suspect a failing lead or plug as it is misfiring under load (shudder and loss of power as it dips onto three cylinders).
If the leads are older than a couple of years makes sense to change them anyway. Check carefully the plug insulators for a fine black line which wont rub off, this would show if the spark is tracking away to earth. If so, change the plug. Check also the inside and outside of the distributor cap and the rotor arm for tracking and replace if in any doubt.
Andrew

Simplicate and add lightness!!
renault 5 acceleration trouble - greaser pv
I reckon it's a carb fault ( if it has one ! )
On some of these carbs there is a brass jet that loops into the top of the carb and squirts fuel when throttle applied . It is held in by 1 screw , take it out and you will probably find that the two parts have parted company , there will be a little plastic ball inside. Retrieve the lower half which is still in the carb . All you have to do is roughen the sides of the top half and refix the lower half with the ball inside . You'll be amazed at the difference.
Let us know if it works.