Bus Lane covert Cameras - Motorwayman
Hi

Can anyone help?

Bus lane cameras, especially in London. Some friends came over from the north of England to visit us on 13/03/04. They got lost and mistakenly went down about 20 yards of a bus lane at about 21:00 hours and were caught on camera - NOT by the bog standard cameras you get on the road side that are coloured grey but a camera placed high up on a lamp post on the far side of the road judging by the picture they have sent me.

Is this common practise now to use community s************s to catch motorist?

This friend of the family does not ever intentionally drive in bus lanes when they are in force. Even I nearly got caught out Sunday as I travelling in a certain part of the country and the bus lane enforcement times changed several times within a short driving distance. It is difficult to keep one eye on the road, the other eye on the signs if you are new to the area and your third eye on small bus lane ENFORCEMENT signs.

All help appreciated

M

PS: I\'m all for bus lane enforcement etc, but we should all know what tactics they are using if they really want us to believe that cameras are there as a deterent!! As always, those that have not registered their vehicle will get away with it.

PPS: I think they need to make the signs LARGER so law abiding people are not caught out unwittingly
Bus Lane covert Cameras - Sooty Tailpipes
Not much you can do until June the 20th Local/Euro Elections and then the general election next year?.
Bus Lane covert Cameras - Altea Ego
IF the bus lane was in effect then, caught bang to rights I am afraid. Sure the camera wasnt in the bus?
IF the bus lane was in effect then, caught bang to
rights I am afraid. Sure the camera wasnt in the bus?

As mentioned in my initial post here, my friend is NOT disputing the ticket.

All we are saying is that the sings should be LARGER, and DOES anyone know about these cameras?

The angle the picture was taken could only mean that the camera is on a very high position, ie a lamp post.
Bus Lane covert Cameras - spinner
If it's a 24hr bus lane (there are many in London), then there's not much to be done I'm afraid.
Bus Lane covert Cameras - Wales Forester
The majority of new London buses (and that's a lot) have lots of CCTV cameras fitted as standard and this includes forward facing Bus Lane enforcement cameras as RF mentions.
They are time/date calibrated as per police vehicle camera recording equipment and the footage is specifically looked at for infringements, the recording being fully admissable as evidence.

Footage from these cameras has also been used as evidence where the bus fitted with the camera has been involved in an RTA.

Big brother is definitely watching you!

PP
Once again guys - please READ carefully:

THE ANGLE OF THE CAMERA SHOT OF OUR FRIENDS CAR POINTS TO ONE CONCLUSION AND ONE CONCLUSION ONLY - IT WAS POSITION ACCROSS THE ROAD AT ABOUT A HEIGHT OF THRITYFIVE FEET. THE PICTURE SHOWS THE TIME/DATE/LOCATION OF THE OFFENCE AND A FEW OTHER DETAILS.

YOU CAN ACTUALLY VISIT THEIR INTERNET SITE AND TYPE IN THE CODE THEY PROVIDE FOR MORE PICTURES OF THE OFFENCE.
Bus Lane covert Cameras - Altea Ego
Hey dont shout at us, we are being sympathetic and trying to offer possible answers or suggestions.
www.transportforlondon.gov.uk/streets/pdfdocs/Bus%...f
IIRC if there are no signs beside a bus lane, then it is 24 hour (Highway code). I agree it could be clearer, so best avoid driving in them at all times/whenever possible.
But the answer is yes, I've also seen a couple of websites stating the use of this type of camera to trap drivers.
Thanks Spinner - I thought that we were going mad.
Bus Lane covert Cameras - Algernon
It is interesting that the rules say that a number of exceptions (emergency, taxis, cyclists, what have you) can use the bus lanes; it is not surprising that in effect only private cars and motor bikes are being nobbled.
It is interesting that the rules say that a number of
exceptions (emergency, taxis, cyclists, what have you) can use the bus
lanes; it is not surprising that in effect only private cars
and motor bikes are being nobbled.

Hi

I normally do not access sites from work that are not work related but today I decide to do this as most of my colleagues do.

Re the taxis being exempt - you are right about this and I have an idea which is a tad sneaky.

To ensure that you do not get caught for a minor mistake (I?m NOT repeat NOT advocating that ordinary mortals drive in bus lanes during enforcement periods!!) of unwittingly using a bus lane during enforcement periods:

Purchase an old black cab if you live or travel in London - put a white plate on the back and have some writing and numbers on it that you are interested in, EG, Second-hand black cab type vehicles are a god send for law abiding mortals 1234, etc, etc. Hopefully, if you make a genuine mistake and occasionally and UNWITTINGLY stray into a bus lane that is in force, you will hopefully get away with it.

As I'm a fair person - I will now e-mail London?s NEWT and advise the boy that there may be hundreds and thousands more black cab type vehicles for PRIVATE use on the roads of London thanks to his inane/covert traffic camera operations.

On the other hand I may not e-mail the NEWT, as the boy may not read my e-mail.

DYOR, and make an informed decision on how to cut congestion on London?s roads.

M

Bus Lane covert Cameras - volvoman
Just arrived here courtesy of Mapmaker - that's pretty much how I got done in Croydon a couple of years ago. I paid up because I made the mistake but haven't been back there to shop since. Their loss not mine.