DVLA - 6 weeks to process? - moonshine
Hi,

Last year my mother bought a car from a "friend of a friend". The previous owner gave the complete V5 to my mum rather than send it off to DVLA. She needed to buy tax for the car so she took the complete V5 to the post office who gave her the tax and took the V5 to send off to DVLA for change of owner. Now one year later there's no sign of the V5 and the tax is about to run out. She has the green slip from the bottom of the V5. The post office won't let her renew the tax and the dvla have told her to apply for a new V5 - which will take up to 6 weeks to process. She was advised by the dvla that she has to declare a sorn and take the car off the road. She's getting old now days and would struggle to get by without her car, plus the MOT will be running out soon meaning when she does eventually get the V5 there will be the extra trouble of getting the MOT.

Any advice?
DVLA - 6 weeks to process? - Dwight Van Driver
Go to the DVLA site and look under Vehicle Licence as what to do.

In your shoes I would, if one fairly local, go to a Driver and Vehicle Licence Office with all relevant docs and have a face to face. Possible you may be able to get an excise Licence there whilst the replacement V5 is obtained (at cost).

Moral: Dont do tomorrow what you should have done today???

DVD