Facelift C5 - todays Autoexpress - Ben79
Todays AE contains a 2 page spread about the facelifted C5. I love the front end but hate the new rear, but thats a different story.

The article says that the chassis will be revised (its great already) and smaller spheres to give a firmer ride. (Why? we all want softer quieter rides).

Citroen, think about this carefully before letting us drive them on our traffic calmed* roads.

*Traffic calmed by not filling in the holes.

Ben
Facelift C5 - todays Autoexpress - rg
So this is progress?

From CX to XM1 to XM 2 to C5 1 to C5 2, a progressively harder ride with each change.

Will they be putting leaf springs in next, like fitted to the Volvo 340?

rg
Facelift C5 - todays Autoexpress - Ben79
Surely the whole PSA marketing thing is that a Citroen is better value and comfy, while a Peugeot is sportier.

I'd do anything to get a softer ride in my C5, someone has suggested they might try and get some "comfort" spheres from a V6 and bolt them onto a 2.0 diesel.

I'll be keeping my eye open for the results, and would drive halfway accross the country if needby.

Ben
Ben,

There's quite some debate on this topic in the XM forums.

One opinion is that it upsets the whole balance of the Hydractive set up, losing it's good points (taut handling on demand) whilst not giving that much increase in comfort.

The best solution seems to be to keep the set-up well-maintained (sphere pressure, etc).

I can't understand why PSA are compromising their USP...

rg
Facelift C5 - todays Autoexpress - dieselnut
rg

'There's quite some debate on this topic in the XM forums.'

Can you give the web address for this forum please as we have had CX's & now an XM in the family for about 20 years now.

Thanks.
groups.yahoo.com/group/XM-L

The GSF/Andspares site also has an active Citroen-only forum.

rg