Bedford Rascal Help Needed - pawlatta
Is there anyone out there who knows whether i can get an electronic ignition/contactless ignition of my Rascal van? I am of the understanding that this would mean i can get rid of the current Points set up. They need adjusting so often and someone has mentioned about this.
Bedford Rascal Help Needed - biffo
Hi,

Have a look on www.lumenition.com , they do an ignition system for your van. Hope this helps.
Bedford Rascal Help Needed - none
Try a set of OEM points. As long as the distributor isn't worn they should last longer without adjustment than the service interval specifies. Cheap pattern points close up quickly because the heel contacting the cam wears due to misalignment. By the time the wearing surfaces have 'bedded in' the points are pitted and due for replacing anyway.
Bedford Rascal Help Needed - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Agree, fit a set of genuine points AND condenser, a little lick of grease on the shaft and they will easily last the 6000 miles to the next service.
Andrew

Simplicate and add lightness!!
Bedford Rascal Help Needed - Civic8
Agree with biffo.what happens is the screws that hold the points to the distributer base plate stretch to the point that they only hold for a short space of time.replacing with the electronic version replaces the points with with a unit that is infra red controlled (I think) an adapter is used beneath the rotor arm that crosses the points of infra red transmision and caused the coil to fire.it works I have used the system on 4 toyota vans.all still going