Nitro Racer - robZilla
Anyone seen the advert for the build-your-own remote control car "Nitro Racer"? 60 issues at £5.99 (first one at £1.99)
makes a total cost of £355.40 - £5 more than my first car cost me!!
Nitro Racer - Carmad 10000
lol thats crazy money! I used to be really into my model car's and made a Nitro r/c car when i was younger. The best place to try is www.modelsport.co.uk or apexmodels.co.uk - both of these places allow you to get a Nitro kit to build from scratch with everything to run it for around the £200 mark - or for similar money to that car with the magazine you can have a competition standard vehicle.

Dont bother with the issues - you can build a car much more professionally with a proper kit given to you all in one go. I think I would also lose interest in a weekly series...

Nitro Racer - J Bonington Jagworth
These are a scam, aren't they? I wonder how many make it to completion? IIRC, there's another one to make a large model Fokker Triplane that you end up just looking at (as I am typing, I have flying r/c models of a Fokker monoplane and a Bristol biplane hanging over my desk - all-up cost, including radios, about £200).
Nitro Racer - Hawesy1982
Yes they are a scam, and the car you will up with is nothing like the quality of the best models, however it's not too bad if you don't mind paying slightly over the odds as a beginner

A top of the range electric r/c car could easily cost you £700 after you've added in all the electrics, nitro versions similar
Nitro Racer - carl_a
Why is it a scam ? They are publishing a magazine, with all the costs and details on their web site. The car is naff but you still can't call this a scam.

A scam is what Citroen do every month because they say "NO VAT" or "£1000 cash back" when infact all they have done is given the car a high RRP in the first place.
Nitro Racer - BazzaBear {P}
Why is it a scam ? They are publishing a magazine,
with all the costs and details on their web site. The
car is naff but you still can't call this a scam.

I would still call it a scam, it just happens to be a legal one.
They are still preying on peoples ignorance to overcharge them for an under-specified product.