Accord 1.8 VTEC 3000 mile services? - Ben79
My colleague drives a 2000 "W" Accord 1.8 VTEC and claims the service book requires oil and filters every 3,000 miles. Is he reading the severe use pages, or do these cars really need so frequent servicing.

He is quite happy to get the oil done frequently as long as it is a reasonable cost. I suggested he bought a spanner and a book and did it himself.
Accord 1.8 VTEC 3000 mile services? - Greg R
It does seem to be excessive. Only the 2 million mile volvo owner recommended this (info in HJ FAQS). It may be if the car is used for very short journeys and covers very little mileage that a 3,000 miles oil change is recommended.
Accord 1.8 VTEC 3000 mile services? - PR {P}
A friend of mine has an Accord (not sure which but I think its a 1.8 -certainly a petrol)
Anyway he was saying the service interval was 9k miles which I thought was a bit low
Accord 1.8 VTEC 3000 mile services? - HectorG
The service interval on the 2.0 VTEC is 12500 miles or 12 months, whichever is the sooner. 3k oil change must be for extreme conditions.

HectorG
Accord 1.8 VTEC 3000 mile services? - c8
I have the 2.0 ivtec and the manual says 6month oil/filter changes for extreme conditions, e.g. journeys of less than 5 miles - assume that means regularly. Otherwise it's as stated earlier - 12.5k or 12 months. Perhaps the 3k is a 6month mileage figure.
Accord 1.8 VTEC 3000 mile services? - spinner
The service intervals for the 1.8 Accord VTEC are:

9000 main service + optional 4500 for oil changes.