rust attacking-help! - dave m
Whilst washing the car yesterday i noticed that small specks of rust were beginning to appear on the driver and passenger doors, just where the door starts- not the wheel arch which I thought would be the first place.

Does anyone know a quick treatment to stop the rust spreading?

Thanks in advance.
rust attacking-help! - Dude - {P}
dave m
I don`t know if you are new to this forum, but it is helpful when raising a query to give details of the make of car and its approximate age, in order that B.R`s can give a more informed reply to your query. As it stands we don`t know if this is a fairly new vehicle with a paint problem or an old vehicle that has outlived its useful life.!!!
rust attacking-help! - Maz
Spot on Dude, but by clicking on dave m's name of course you'll find that yes he's new and it's probably a VW Golf Mk IV, in which case it's likely to have outlived it's useful life. ;-0
rust attacking-help! - Hugo {P}
Is the car covered by an anti corrosion warranty?

Otherwise, if the spots are very small, clean up the spots and apply touch up primer and paint.

H
rust attacking-help! - cheddar
Specs sounds like very small spots and not like rust bubbling though the paint, could be metallic deposits on the paint surface as you can get by parking regularly near a train station from the dust generated by the train brakes.
rust attacking-help! - Andrew-T
Don't think it's brake dust, cheddar - why would that go for leading edge of doors? Hope it's not bad news, though - rust from underneath is a pretty hopeless case.
rust attacking-help! - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
If car is indeed a VW Golf and less than 10 years old ; there should be a warranty to cover rusting from the inside IIRC.
Otherwise if it is surface rust, that's easier to deal with.
I gues that you do not have mudflaps if the leading edges of the doors are getting rusty. My MK111 Golf was rather prone to the doors being grit blasted.