spark plug in exhaust pipe?????? - sp30
recently i got into a bit of a tangle with a very fast nova on a d plate, it was de-badged so i dont know the model , but it was going well over 100 mph at some points. my a class didnt stand a chance, anyway he got away!! but during the half hour i followed him i noticed in awe that blue flames flashed from his exhaust(i think when he changed from 4th to 5th) not sure. somebody said spark plug in exhaust pipe, is this really possible? and could someone explain how it works, is it an extension of the ignition system or what??? oh and if your reading this mr nova boy (b664 rutland 25th feb 8.00am) i got a golf gti now that will give you some!!!!!!
spark plug in exhaust pipe?????? - Mudguts
Were you travelling at over 100 mph on public roads?

Were you driving? Or was somebody else driving the Mercedes A class you were in at 8 AM on the 25th of February on the B664 in the Rutland area?

Give me the registration number of both vehicles.

Oh, and your real name.

Thanks.
yes no and my reg no is a blur. and the nova had a flashback regplate, so unless you can find me you can dream about do-nuts mr babylon
spark plug in exhaust pipe?????? - Dynamic Dave
Perhaps the Maxpower forum is more your cup of tea?
sorry i thought this was a motoring forum, we all get carried away, but ihave a genuine tech question, spark plug in pipe..???
spark plug in exhaust pipe?????? - BobbyG
Maybe if you hang around at the same place at same time you can jump out in front of him and ask him?
Try using the "Search Forum" option - which is located right by where you log in/out. It is a subject that has recently been discussed.
I can't believe anyone thinks there could be a spark plug fitted inside the exhaust pipe as the source of the 'exhaust flames'.

Seriously, post your real name and registration number here and I'll tell you how it is done.

If you also post a time and place you may be exceeding the speed limit I might be able to put you in touch with someone who could modify your car to do the same.
spark plug in exhaust pipe?????? - smokie
"If you also post a time and place you may be exceeding the speed limit...."

Is this open to anyone? Shall we make a new thread of it?

What is your motive mudguts???
spark plug in exhaust pipe?????? - Sooty Tailpipes
Mudguts is an infiltrator from "Reclaim the Streets" aka Transport 2000 - don't give him your details!
"If you also post a time and place you may be
exceeding the speed limit...."
Is this open to anyone? Shall we make a new thread
of it?
What is your motive mudguts???

Just having a little fun...
spark plug in exhaust pipe?????? - budu
In my (remote) youth, it was considered a good joke to rig an exhaust with a petrol feed and a spark plug. When the exhaust was good and hot, these could be used to produce a loud bang at a suitable moment, to alarm other road users. I never experienced this myself so it may be folklore.
I never experienced this myself so it may be folklore.

Ok, seeing as you're all too lazy to use the Forum Search, here's the link regarding spark plugs up exhaust pipes.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=19957

spark plug in exhaust pipe?????? - Baskerville
I think I'd prefer a diesel feed to the exhaust, to make tailgaters reconsider. I guess you could add in a dye feed and leave coloured vapour trails like the Red Arrows.

Oops, what have I done?
spark plug in exhaust pipe?????? - autumnboy
Perhaps it had a turbo motor or a nitro system fitted instead of its standard naf engine and the spark plug.
spark plug in exhaust pipe?????? - Henryoh
The spark plug in the exhaust trick is fairly common in the USA, a seperate coil is installed to feed the spark plug in the exhaust tailpipe. When a button is pushed by the driver the engine ignition is cut and the additional coil is fed voltage to power the exhaust spark plug. The unburnt fuel travels down the exhaust system and is ignited by the plug in the exhaust with spectacular recults.
spark plug in exhaust pipe?????? - 8 ball
"....with spectacular results." God, how the souped-up Saxo morons must love that.