Pug 406 Electric Windows - Wee Willie Winkie
Morning!

My 406 went for a valet on Saturday, and when it came back, the electric driver's window developed a mind of its own.

When I'm driving along, it will open fully on its own. I need to stop, kill the engine, then start again before it will return back up again.

I've got a feeling the valeting company may have got some stuff in the switch, or mechanism - does anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?!

Thanking you all in advance,

DB
Pug 406 Electric Windows - Robin the Technician
Hi DB
This sounds like the valetee has indeed got some of his cleaning fluid inside the switch. My first thought would be to go for the simplest way to get this fluid out. Go to your local filling station and use the tyre pressure gizmo and blow air into the switch. This might be enough to remove the excess fluid trapped inside the switch. Alternatively, you could buy a tin of switch cleaner from an electical/ electronics shop and give the switch a blast with that (it comes with a thin tube so you can get inside the switch). I fear you may have to resort to the latter but the first option might just do it at the huge expense of 20p to set the tyre machine working.
Hope this helps

--
These are the views of Robin the Technician with 35 years in the trade. I fix, therefore I am...
Thank you Robin, I will give that a whirl before I set off home tonight. I don't fancy another 50-mile motorway journey with the window all the way down!

DB
That seems to have worked a treat! Thank you very much.