Opinion of GTX Magnatec - fossyant
I've been using GTX Magnatec for some time now, in both a Yaris and Primera P12. I'm happy with the oil, just what do you all think ? I am servicing both vehicles myself now, and tend to change oil every six months. Have used Mobil 1 before, but some time ago in a different car ! I assume Magnatec is a semi synthetic.
Opinion of GTX Magnatec - dba
i think magnatec is good, dont believe the hype about it sticking to the car. if its on special offer il buy it otherwise i just stick to the standard castrol. i believe its best to stick to a good make (castrol etc), dont go too pricey but change the oil more regularly. regular oil changed 4 times a year is better than £40 stuff changed once a year if u ask me.

my brothers friend works for a large oil reseller and he commented that the majority of oil is the same, just got to look out for the codes on the back, usually stated in your user handbook.

from what ive heard Esso, Mobil and Halfords stuff is all manufactured under the same roof. Quantum and Castrol are made together as well.

dare say there are only a handful of oil producers in the world but just put into different bottles with different labels depending on the market
Opinion of GTX Magnatec - glowplug
You could checkout this link for some good information -

www.chris-longhurst.com/carbibles/engineoil_bible....l

Steve.
Opinion of GTX Magnatec - Cyd
Not all oil is the same. there are hundreds of refiners around the globe all doing it 'their way'.

Since you run normally aspirated motors I'd say you're already doing the right thing.

As for GTX Magnatec - I have a good opinion of it since my Rover turbo was run on it by the previous owner (I use fully synth exclusively). the car now has 130k up and the inside of the motor is as clean as the day it was new. It also runs superbly.
Opinion of GTX Magnatec - springyboy
Been using Magnatec for a long time now on two low tech engines, a Pug 309 and an Audi Coupe. Both are high milers, both have clean internals, neither uses any oil. Don't want the extra cost and risk of seepage that synthetics may cause and these engines don't need better than Magnatec anyway. IIRC I was impressed by the Magnatec claims about protection on initial start up because surfaces remained coated.

I've just seen a new Castrol Magnatec for >75000 mile engines, says something like it restores the seals that may be past their best, quess it's some kind of rubber lubricant for valve stem seals etc.