mondeo diesel cam solenoid actuator - wemyss
My son in law rang this afternoon for advice which I was unable to help him with but said ?I know a man who can?. He took his Mondeo TD in today for slight accident damage on an insurance claim.
He also requested a cambelt change at the same time.
Call back from the main Ford dealer today to tell him they had a problem with the car. He went down the garage and they said they had changed the belt together with another belt which I think he means drives the injection pump.
The Manager tells him that the car is kicking out black smoke and the reason is that the camshaft solenoid actuator is inoperable and want £195 to replace it.
He starts it up and his description is that the car now shakes on tickover like a bus and there is little power. His response to the service manager is that it was running perfectly when he took it in and is now completely different so what have they done to it to cause this. No response other than to say the service manager has checked out the mechanics work and is fully satisfied.
He asked me what a camshaft solenoid actuator is and what is the most likely explanation.
I couldn?t really help him apart to suggest they have perhaps upset the timing when they changed the belt and I have no idea of the terminology they are using.
Any suggestions and explanations please.

mondeo diesel cam solenoid actuator - Mark (RLBS)
I can't help on the fault, but the Service Manager's response is not satisfactory.

Whatever else happens I would be back in there complaining to the Genereal Manager.
mondeo diesel cam solenoid actuator - wemyss
Thanks Mark, It doesn't seem as if anyone is familiar with this terminolgy so will pass your advice on regarding complaining to the General manager.