Reasonable quote for changing glowplugs? - Big Dave
My 1998 Audi A6 2.5 TDi has over 150,000 miles and is getting to the point where I think I've had my money's worth from the original glow plugs.

I have been quoted over £200 by a (non-franchise) garage to change all 6 glow plugs. This sounds like a lot of money what I thought was quite a simple job involving cheap parts.

What is 'reasonable' for this type of job?
Reasonable quote for changing glowplugs? - Sooty Tailpipes
Make sure you know what parts they are fitting cheap glow plugs are rubbish and don't last very long. Make sure they're BERU like I expect Audi would have used. The cheap ones are about £9 and proper ones about £14 each.....Labour will be more than spark plugs, they're usually quite fiddly to change....not too difficult....just time consuming, which is why cheap Powertrain or Moprod ones are false economy..
Reasonable quote for changing glowplugs? - DL
I wouldn't have said that was a bad price.....have you seen where the plugs actually are on the engine? Buried, I expect.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
Reasonable quote for changing glowplugs? - pullgees
Seems a lot to me as well. You have certainly had your moneys worth out of those but if the car starts easy and doesn't miss-fire on start up, then forget it. If you can get at them, they are easy to test without taking them out. If you want to know how let me know.