Car radio code - dodo
My mums Fiesta had a flat battery and I recharged it. The radio has since lost its code. She has mislaid the handbook and the supplying dealer is long gone. I read somehere that there is a web site which can give you the code if you have the radio serial number - for a fee. The car is a 1996 Fiesta Quartz. Thanks
Car radio code - No Do$h
IMHO, your best options are:

1) Present yourself at any Ford dealership with proof of ID and car ownership, hand over money and get code.

2) Look in small-ads in local autotrader for radio recoding services

3) knowing that either of the above will cost upwards of £30 and that R/c don't last forever, consider a new radio/cassete for peanuts from Argos, or go the whole hog and upgrade to a CD player for not much more.
Car radio code - dodo
www.audiotechnical.co.uk/ford.htm
Car radio code - Cliff Pope
It is said, apparently with some scientific justification, that if you take the radio out, leave it in the freezer overnight, and then refit, it will over-ride the code.
Might be worth a try before you ditch the radio.
Car radio code - Dynamic Dave
take the radio out, leave it in the freezer overnight,

I think you'll find that's an old wives tale Cliff. All that'll happen is when you remove it from the freezer is that all the components will condensate up and the moisture will knacker it.
Car radio code - Pugugly {P}
In the interest of science - I have an old knackered VAuxhall coded radio, sans code. I will freeze it tonight and refit it tomorrow, if it works Ill report back. Always wanted to do this.
Car radio code - Hugo {P}
I don't know about Ford garages, but Citroen garages will give you the code for their radios on presentation of the chassis number - for free!

I even did this for one Xantia over the phone!

Hugo
Car radio code - Dwight Van Driver
Do a search of the glove box roof and other parts of the facia looking for a little white sticker with four numbers in it. If found use and enter in accordance with instructions in handbook.

DVD
Car radio code - Imagos
this is a good example of radio codes are a pain in the backroom for owners.

they dont seem to deter thieves, in my area there been a spate of ford radios in particular that are being stolen, its even been stories in local press about it.(so how to they decode them??)

i think its high time this system is done away with they only seem to inconvience to owners only and much better security systems were introduced.
Car radio code - Mondaywoe
Have a look at this website. The owner (also called Graeme!) is a good friend of mine - an absolute wizard with electronics and radio codes a speciality!

www.davidsonelectronics.co.uk/

Graeme
Car radio code - autumnboy
Sign on to this forum and with your Ser.No and Model of the Radio, you could get the code for nothing.

radiocode.proboards6.com/index.cgi