tyre wear - v70 t5 - andy n
hi all, i fitted new p6000 to my v70 t5 about 8k miles ago,have noticed that they appear to be wearing more on the outside shoulders than the inside is this normal? the wear pattern appears similar on both front tyres the car handles fine with no evidence of bias etc (the tracking etc was checked at the time of fitment),t.i.a
tyre wear - v70 t5 - Peter D
Well either you are toeing in too far, you are running the tyres 3 lbs too low in pressure or your front wishbone bushes are shot and during acceleration your front wheels are tucking in. This later one does not always show on the alignment check but V70s with 90K can do this. Have the suspension checked out and go from there. If the car was perfectly OK before then either the tyre pressure is wrong of they grip so well you are cornering a lot faster and feathering the outer edges. Hope that helps. Regards Peter
tyre wear - v70 t5 - Richard Turpin
If you swap the front/rear wheels round, you will increase tyre life a lot. I do this on my 328BMW Touring as the rear has considerable negative camber anmd the inside treads at the rear wear out fairly quickly.
tyre wear - v70 t5 - Ivor E Tower
ISTR that they should wear more on the inside shoulder. Which v70 do you have, the current shape or the "850 update"? Will check with my parents 850 when I see them tomorrow if it stays dry.....