Where\'s the noise coming from? VW Passat - wonderwheels
Hi.I have a 2001 Passat.There is a noise that sounds like a coin stuck somewhere.When I brake it rolls forward,when I go up a steep hill or accelerate, it rolls back.It sounds as though it is around the centre console area.I removed this last night but nothing there.I then found a ball-bearing(???) in the heater vent under the drives seat.But it wasn\'t this either.Anyone any ideas where this \"thing\" could possibly be.
Where's the noise coming from? VW Passat - Halmer
Sorry mate looks like it's beat everyone.

I have had a rattle coming from behind in my Passat for about three months that has nearly caused a divorce. It sounded like it was coming from the boot or rear seat.

I finally found it last weekend when my lad heard it sitting in the back. It was coming from the driver's headrest. During the three months I have even taken the rear seat apart and refitted it. It's just so difficult trying to locate the source of an intermitent rattle when you can't get anyone to help!!
Where's the noise coming from? VW Passat - billy25
i think some of the inertia seat belt reels contain ball-bearings as part of the locking device, maybe it could be one of these rolling about?
Where's the noise coming from? VW Passat - DL
Check the seat slide rails [not sure if the Passat has one] but a certain vehicle seat manufacturer forgot to apply a smear of grease to the channel and ball bearings of his seat runners - this gave exactly the same symptom.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
Where's the noise coming from? VW Passat - wonderwheels
Well,I actually thought I'd sussed it, but after reading your mails, I think I may be on the right track. I found a ball-bearing in the heater vents under the drivers seat.It was covered in grease and appeared to have located in a groove.It looked as though it wouldn't move, but because of where it was I thought that it MUST have been the problem.Could it be that a ball-bearing has fallen out and the others are now moving about?. Is that a possibility??