Mondeo steering. - M.M
Only look after a few Mondeos and they are mostly free of niggles. However one is throwing up a puzzle at the moment.

It has a strange "resistance" when being steered right just away from a straight line. This is most noticeable at 50mph plus and not when going left. It isn't a pull associated with tyres or tracking, more like some mechanical part needs to get over a hump or detent a few degrees right of straight ahead.

At a standstill you can twist the steering wheel from side to side for ages and then it just does it once in a while.

I've replaced both front wishbones and know the track rod ends are good. The struts seem to swivel freely. I'm thinking towards a new steering rack but it is a fairly large job to do on a whim.

Anyone experienced this before?

M.M
Mondeo steering. - bikemade3
Mondeo wishbones used to have smaller diameter bushes on the early models trust you have not inadvertently on replacing the wishbones fitted smaller diameter bushes or a replacement wishbone with smaller bushes.
Mondeo steering. - M.M
bm3,

Appreciate errors can happen but they are the correct ones. The fault was there before replacing them. Despite one of the old ones having a rough balljoint, and the other very poor bushes, there hasn't been any improvement.

M.m
Mondeo steering. - Waino
Are you completely sure that there isn't something wrong with the brakes? I had an ABS problem that threw the steering - one of the front brakes was dragging on one wheel.