citroen ax central locking problems. - kwilks
I have a 92 citroen ax, i accidentally ran the battery flat today, figureing i\'d get help and jump start it later i locked it and left it.

when i returned later the central locking was dead. I have no key lock on the boot, only the front and passenger doors. I can\'t get into the car at all!!

I have had the rac out but they said there was nothing they could do. please please please help I don\'t really want to break in.

any suggestions welcome!
citroen ax central locking problems. - Sooty Tailpipes
I don\'t really understand what is wrong?
You can open the drivers door with the key?
Is there not a boot release remote cable in the car to open the hatch?
I would be surprised if a hatch on a car of that era only relies on central locking..........
no i can\'t open the doors at all the locking is dead.
citroen ax central locking problems. - Civic8
using the key should open the drivers door.Unless the lock is siezed.possible if not been used ie using remote all the time.have you tried passenger door lock.Central locking won`t affect the door operation as it is manual as well.
citroen ax central locking problems. - Spanner Jack
If you really believe that you can\'t open the doors unless there is power in your car\'s battery, then you must get power to you battery:

Crawl under the car, and try to release the bonnet catch.
When bonnet is open, replace, charge, or jump you car battery.

Then try the locks...

It is highly unusual not to be able to open a car door with the key, though ! (confused)
citroen ax central locking problems. - David Horn
Methinks there\'s something fishy here. On a related note, it\'s good practise (or at least it\'s something I\'ve always done) to use the key to unlock all the doors every so often to prevent them from becoming seized.
I use the car everyday, i do occasionally unlock using the passenger door to ensure the lock does not sieze. I have never experienced any problems with the central locking until now. the key turns in the lock but it does not release.
citroen ax central locking problems. - Dynamic Dave
I cannot beleive that the doors cannot be unlocked unless there is power in the car\'s battery. That is the reason you have door locks that can still be operated with a key, so you can gain access \"manually\" should your remote plip fail, or car battery dies.

Try initially giving the locks a good squirting of wd-40. Then work the key in and out a few times and turn left to right. Once unsiezed, spray some waterproof grease into the lock as the wd-40 will have washed out the existing lubricant.

I\'m really surprised the RAC couldn\'t help you, as I thought all breakdown services carried those tools that slide down between the window and rubber edge to spring the door lock open.

{ps, I\'ve changed the title of the subject header, as \"please help\" was so vague. There *may* be a citroen expert out there who fails to spot your message because you didn\'t mention the make of car, or problem. DD}
citroen ax central locking problems. - David Horn
Not sure how relevant this is, but I've just thought of something. My Xsara has "super locking" which stops the doors being opened by pushing the lock buttons in from the inside. Presumably, it also stops the key from opening the door, but I haven't verified this.

This is activated by pushing the lock button on the remote plip twice in quick succession, and it dawned on me your AX may have the same system.

Only thing is, it does seem a little advanced for a mere AX to be fitted with the system.
Thanks for all the help guys, the problem has been solved. A rather more helpful RAC guy kindly came out, after wedging the door and pulling the lock for a while with a metal hook the lock came free (which was what the first guy should have done). He seemed to think the central locking motor was for some reason holding the lock down. Its fine now though and the batteries charged.

thanks again