mondeo handbrake - tall paul
is it just me or are all 98 mondeo handbrake totally rubbish ??
as there no manual adjustment (even though the garage charged me for cleaning and oiling the adjuster !!!) i can only assume that they are all like this or the cable has stretched. is it easy to change the cable ?
mondeo handbrake - mgk luton beds
mondeo hand brake is ajusted automatically but as with most auto ajusters dont work just ajust it manually
remove book and hold ajuster and let handbrake off slowly and let it clic up 2 clics retest and ajust as ness
fbillytom@ntlworld.com
mondeo handbrake - tall paul
hate to be a dummy, but i'm not quiet sure what you mean. do i have to let off the handbrake and then pull the lever back on the back of the drum ?
mondeo handbrake - Spanner Jack
The Mondeo's automatic handbrake adjustment mechanism is situated at the handbrake control lever itself.
The ratchet & pawls teeth wear quickly, and the only answer is to fit a new assembly (handbrake lever, adjuster and front cable) for the cost of about £50 plus labour (1 hour).
mondeo handbrake - Waino
I've a '97 Mondeo and the handbrake isn't exactly fantastic - I thing it's a common niggle. I recall hearing (maybe it was HJ) that it can help if the footbrake is applied when putting the handbrake on - I have certainly found this to be the case.
mondeo handbrake - kithmo
The handbrake on my previous Mk1 Mondeo used to go up approx 7 notches on the lever but still held OK and went through 2 MOT tests in this condition. I tried adjusting the rear drum adjusters manually and it made no difference, the adjusters were functioning fine on their own. After I fitted new cables the handbrake was coming up 5 notches.