Dove powered gearbox - Carmad 10000
Hi,

Ive noticed over the last few weeks that my my car is making a funny noise when you raise the clutch.

Basically, when you raise the clutch when it makes this sort of 'cooooooeeeeee' sound - a bit like the noise a pigeon/dove makes.

Any idea what this is?
Dove powered gearbox - Peter D
Hi Carmad, Is it coming from inside the car i.e. the pedal box or from the transmission i.e. the clutch release arm. I assume it does it when the engine is not running. P.S. did your sister get repacement keys. Regards Peter
Dove powered gearbox - nick
If it\'s with the engine running it sounds like the clutch release bearing on its way out.

BTW, wouldn\'t this be better in Technical? {Oh, ok then. DD}
Dove powered gearbox - Sooty Tailpipes
I used to have an distant owl sound, I think it was on a BMW, not sure, it was a few years ago, never got any worse or caused trouble,
Dove powered gearbox - Blue {P}
Did it always do it and you've just noticed it?

My last Fiesta made a *very* noticeable noise when the clutch was released, this was the clutch release bearing, however it wasn't on it's way out the car was brand new, and the demonstrator did the same. It's just a noisy bearing apparently.

Might be the same in the Mini?

Blue
Dove powered gearbox - Aprilia
Does sound like release bearing. Might be worth getting the dealer to listen to it if its still under warranty. Keep your ear tuned to it - see if it starts to get louder.