Rover 214 Petrol Tank Filler Cap - MV
I stupidly left my internal (the one behind the flap) petrol filler tank cap from my MK 2 Rover 214Sli behind at Tesco today (no joy in getting it back sadly). Is it safe to drive the car without it and, more importantly, how do I go about getting another?

Any advice would be gratefully received!
Petrol Tank Filler Cap - mgk luton beds
as your flap locks you dont need a locking cap so the best place to get one would be your main rover dealer or a scrap yard if your straped for cash
if the tank is full to the brim its not safe for all the bike riders out there let alone cars going over your spilt fuel but if you only have half a tank then driving slow or carefully you will get to the dealer/scrap ok
ex vaux tech
fbillytom@ntlworld .com
ps no fuel cap is mot fail
Petrol Tank Filler Cap - Civic8
Go to your rover dealer or try a motor factors equivalent your problem will be all the time your cap is off.It is losing petrol.Causing a possible explosion risk to others.And yourself.Also bear in mind the rovers like most now are sealed systems.Which would open you up to engine probs
Petrol Tank Filler Cap - MV
Drat! I feared so much! I'll get on the phone to some parts suppliers tomorrow morning. Thankfully I don't live far from work, so have no need to drive the car until Sunday, by which time I should have been able to get another.

Thanks for the advice.
Petrol Tank Filler Cap - David Horn
Petrol stations and most supermarkets etc (our Co-Op does, anyway) sell plastic, universal, pop-op caps that will get you to somewhere you can get a proper replacement.

If it's petrol, it shouldn't make the road slipperly for other users. If it's diesel and full, I wouldn't use it as it could well slop everywhere.
Petrol Tank Filler Cap - Civic8
Sorry but they are as bad as each other.ie petrol will destroy tarmac.Diesel makes as much mess but makes the road as slippery.Dont know who told you that.They are as dangerous to you and me as each other.
Petrol Tank Filler Cap - nick
I'll second that mech1. I've hit a petrol spill before and it's just as slippery when wet as diesel. I suppose it evaporates much more quickly and so is less of a hazard from that point of view.
Petrol Tank Filler Cap - italiastar
We had a hired Peugeot at work with a missing cap. I contacted the company and they insisted that this was correct - the flap was sufficient. Not beliving this I contacted a main dealer who (wait for it) confirmed that what the car hirer supplier said was CORRECT! - A few months later, still without a cap the car was replaced with a newer 306 - guess what - it had a cap. I'll let you draw your own conclusions from this.
Petrol Tank Filler Cap - Sooty Tailpipes
Go to a large busy petrol station saying did anyone hand a cap in on such and such a day, I have been told they will drag out a bif box full of them, hopefully, you will find one that fits, if not, just go to the local parts place, and it will probably be £7 - £12