Flat battery again. vw polo - Canon Fodder
Following on from my earlier \'03 Polo flat battery problem.....

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=12781&...f

the darn thing did the same agin on saturday - dead as a proverbial.

VW assistance guy managed to narrow it down to a .4 amp drain on the battery from the central locking circuit by removing the fuses one by one until the drain returned to normal .014 amp drain.

This must be an intermittant problem as it\'s been fine since May.

I\'m taking it in to the garage tomorrow but I\'d be grateful for any thoughts in the meantime.....

CF

{I\'ve editied the subject header to something more appropriate that\'ll catch a reader\'s eye. \"Oops, it did it again\" is hardly likely to catch the eye of a VW enthuiast. More likely to catch the eye of a Britney Spears fan, if you ask me. DD}
Flat battery again. vw polo - Dynamic Dave
{I've editied the subject header to something more
appropriate that'll catch a reader's eye.}

Then again, maybe not? Just bringing this back to the top of the pile in case it was overlooked.
Flat battery again. vw polo - Mapmaker
How about it not being an intermittent fault, but a permanent fault that you don't normally notice.

In May you were supplied with a car with a nearly dead flat battery - because it has a 0.4amp load. Your 200 miles wasn't sufficient to charge it enough to cope with a 0.4amp load for 2 weeks, so flat when you came back.

Being flat for so long damaged the battery, so it runs at less than full efficiency, but you seldom notice as your new car always starts first time.

The car always drains 0.4amps (obvious fault), but because you drive it regularly, you don't notice it. You didn't drive it at all last week, or if you did it was only to Tescos, in the dark, air con, back demister & radio etc. all running. It was cold on Saturday morning, which combined with a duff battery and all the load last week, together with your perpetual 0.4amp drain meant that it wouldn't start.

Just a thought.
mm,

Your theory is a good one, however I had actually driven the car a few days previosly on this second occasion and had put 1000 miles on it over the previous 2 weeks, whereas throughtout the summer I was only doing one short trip each week and the battery was fine. - The alternator is fine, according to VW assistance

Also the VW assistance guy said that a 0.4 amp drain would flatten the battery in hours.....

The garage have kept it for a second day - I'll keep you updated with any news.

Latest update......VW garage changed the passenger side door lock under warranty, - hopefully this will solve the problem.

CF
Flat battery again. vw polo - mgk luton beds
suggest that you disconect the alternater and see if you drain goes
alternaters can cause a drain though diodes/rectifier and your local recon shop should be able to test for drain useing amp leakage tester