astravan 1.7diesel - kevb
what is the life span of this engine if serviced regulaly is 100,000 miles alot for this engine
astravan 1.7diesel - Civic8
Nope if looked after should last around 250k.Last one I looked at had done 176k.Nice engine.Doubt anyone will dissagree with that? but never know
astravan 1.7diesel - DavidHM
If serviced regularly? You're 'avin' a giraffe aincha? Once every 100k doesn't count as regularly.

Seriously, 100k is about what most of them do in three years whether as estates - wheels for photocopier maintenance engineers - or builders' vans.

It's actually not that much but bear in mind that this is what Clarkson described as the fastest vehicle ever, when driven by a seventeen year old plumber, and 'raced' one against a Lotus to prove it. I think it would be unusual to find a van, unless straight of a fleet with one owner only, with regular servicing, or at least documentary evidence to back it up.
astravan 1.7diesel - Civic8
One owner was not mentioned.Clarkson is good for a laugh but that is all?.and regular servicing not mentioned.what was said is If regularly serviced.should be ok
astravan 1.7diesel - Rob the Bus {P}
Kev,

HF runs a 1991 1.7 diesel estate with 141k on it and it runs superbly. I don't whether it had a recon engine before we got it or what, but it uses hardly any oil at all and still pulls willingly with very little in the way of nasty emissions from the rear {I take care of that ;-)}

Hope this helps

Rob