shaky road wheel - Pug 306 - billythehamster
Hi I was wondering if anyone may be able to help me. I have a Pug 306 and when I make a right turn at speed, e.g. a bend on a motorway the whole car starts to shake.

I have jacked the car up and when I shake to passenger side wheel it moves backward and forwards. I took off the road wheel, breaks and popped the drive shaft out of the back of the hub. When I grip the hub and move it from side to side there is movement in the hub.

My friend seems to think this is a wheel bearing problem but I have been told that a wheel bearing makes noise when it\'s faulty. So if it\'s not that does anybody know what else it could be?
shaky road wheel - Pug 306 - solara
Check your wish bone bushes.
The front ones (o-bushes) are difficult to check without removal of wishbone. But these dont wear as bad as the rear (p-bushes).
You should be able to see how bad P-bushes are worn from underneath the car. Try levering wishbone at these points. Usually inspected at MOT. Whats your mileage and when was MOT last done?

If they need replacing search for my \"replacing pug 306 wishbone\" thread.
shaky road wheel - Pug 306 - billythehamster
MOT was last March and I have just gone over 100,000 mile mark. What about the movement in the hub? Should there be any?
shaky road wheel - Pug 306 - Civic8
I am certain there should not be any play in the bearing.as a matter of interest do you suffer from brake pedal pumping while turning.Usually a sign that the bearings have gone on one side.causing the disc to be off centre.?could even be rear wheel probs what some said before would also be correct.as matter of interest the rover`s suffer from when the pads are low causes a severe shake of the car probably a rover only fault but it occurs.
shaky road wheel - Pug 306 - Andrew-T
I'm pretty sure that if a bearing is as far gone as Billy thinks it may be, he would hear it as well as feel it.
shaky road wheel - Pug 306 - DL
Sounds like a driveshaft failure to me!
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link