1998 Mondeo TD Alarm system - Ritz-dog
Am I being more-than-usually dense in wondering why when my Mondeo has been double-locked and the alarm set (indicators flash twice when set) I can open the boot without the alarm going off???? If I open the drivers door (using the key to unlock) the alarm goes off as normal but this doesn't sem to affect the boot

Anyone??????
1998 Mondeo TD Alarm system - Dynamic Dave
I'm asuming you're also using the key to open the boot?

My Vectra is the same, I have to "plip" the remote to get in through the doors; just using the key won't disarm the alarm, but I can open the boot with the key without the alarm going off.
1998 Mondeo TD Alarm system - SkyMan
Maybe the boot light switch has packed up?
1998 Mondeo TD Alarm system - Dynamic Dave
Can't vouch for the Mondeo, but if I unlock the boot of my Vectra and then remove the key and open it, the alarm will go off. The key is needed to temp disarm the alarm.
1998 Mondeo TD Alarm system - Adam {P}
This is the same with my Fiesta - I think the reasoning is - you mawy need to open the boot without unlocking the whole car so when you open it with the key, the alarm will not go off.
--
"Give Way"? Wait....I know this one...give me a minute
1998 Mondeo TD Alarm system - kithmo
I would think that you have a fault on the driver's door if the alarm goes off when you open it with the key. I think unlocking the boot or the door should disarm the alarm. It did on my mk1 Mondeo, but it did not have remote locking. If I closed the hatch to, but not on the latch, then locked the car, the alarm would go off if I opened the hatch, i.e. without the key (if that makes any sense).
1998 Mondeo TD Alarm system - elekie&a/c doctor
Opening the boot with the key while alarm is set temporarily disarms system (microswtch on key barrel)Also if you have a 2 button remote you can upgrade to a 3 button with boot opener.(the facility is already installed on car but not often used)
Thank God! I thought I may have to fork out more £££ to get it sorted. Thanks to all for the help with this
Elekie&a/c doctor, does this include the hatchback??? I've only seen it on saloons