Mondeo runs rough in wet. - stevek
N reg 2 litre petrol is fine when the weather is dry. When it is wet and damp it runs very rough. Plugs/leads and coil have all been changed but no real improvement. Car has done 126K. Has anyone any ideas on what I should check further please?
Mondeo runs rough in wet. - Peter D
Distributor cap and rotar arm next then Quite often a Cap problem. Peter
Mondeo runs rough in wet. - Adam Going (Tune-Up)
Sorry Peter D, no distributor cap or rotor on this - plugs leads connect direct to coil pack !

Sounds as though you have water entering the wiring loom at some point, and then running to short a connection somewhere. Could be a real bitch to find, I am afraid, but worth starting at the the fusebox area. If your car has an under-bonnet diagnostic socket (as opposed to the EOBD type inside the cabin) this can also cause problems if water has got into it.

Air-flow meters are easilly damaged by water ingress, but once damaged the problem will normally be present thereafter, wet or dry. However, as a quick check, try disconnecting the air-flow meter - if car runs OK then this does point to a problem.

Regards, Adam
Whatever is rightly done, however humble, is noble.
Mondeo runs rough in wet. - Peter D
OOps. Thanks Adam
Mondeo runs rough in wet. - stevek
Comments needed please. Looked at the car today and cleaned up leads etc as all covered in loads of dirt. WD 40 in all electrical connectors.
Started up and all ran OK. I then put a hose over the coil area to simulate dampness (bit extreme) and the rough running started. The coil pack is only about 9 months old and on the rear there is a white block with a single connector (maybe capacitor).

When this white bock was connected and damp then engine runs rough. Howver if I disconnect this block then all is OK no matter how wet the engine is.
I suspect this block is faulty.
Has anyone any idea what it actually is and can I only get this from a Ford dealer?

Or any comments would be appreciated.

Regards
Mondeo runs rough in wet. - kithmo
It's a radio supressor.