Spilt Milk odour - TM
I cannot get rid of the foul odour of milk in the boot-carpet of my car.Have tried conventional products,eg washing-up liquid/soda-bicarb., but the smell lingers in the car. Any suggestions? Thanks

{No need to post the same message to both forums. I have deleted the other one in Tech Matters. DD.}
Spilt Milk odour - Rob the Bus {P}
Well, TM - no use crying over it....

Sorry - just couldn't resist! I've always found Neutradol very good. Failing that, if your car is a few years old, how's about checking with your local breakers yards to see if they can supply you with a second hand boot carpet?

I have every sympathy with your regarding your pervading pong. Stale milk is one of the smells guaranteed to induce a technicoloured yawn. I really hope that you manage to get rid of this problem.

Cheers

Rob
Spilt Milk odour - Flat in Fifth
I think Rob's suggestion to replace the contaminated articles is the only solution.

Years ago a purchase of a cheap estate for use as a service barge was ill advised as it had previously been used on a milk round. Everything tried and it still stank on hot summer days.

About the only thing left to do was retrim the entire vehicle and that was just not worth it, so we sold it to another milkman!
Spilt Milk odour - MB
Bicarb of soda usually works - mix into a thick paste with a little water and put on the area and leve to dry. Hoover off dried powder after a few days...
Spilt Milk odour - Armitage Shanks{P}
There is a commercially available spray to kill household semlls, pets ponks etc called Febreeze. However it may just mask the smell rather than remove it. What about steam cleaning the affected carpet (out of the car)?
Spilt Milk odour - Chas{P}
Remove the carpet from the car. Wash and dry the trim/bodywork underneath with antibacterial cleaning stuff and warm water.

Scrub the carpet with a solution of washing powder and warm water a couple of times rinse well and dry on washing line or over bath.

I did this when it happened to my car and it worked.
Spilt Milk odour - matt35 {P}
Not much help on carpets, but reminds me of how to keep flies out of your kitchen...put a bucket of carp in your lounge.
Matt35.
Spilt Milk odour - John R @ Work {P}
put a bucket of carp in your lounge. <<

Do the carp eat the flies?

At the moment I have a resident spider living under the dashboard... Can't be bothered to shift it as it will eat any intruder flies. It's probably hungry so late in the year.

John R
Spilt Milk odour - El Hacko
on Channel 4 prog last night, in which team of cleaners go to work on filthy (and I mean filthy, as in bacterial-droppings etc) people's homes, one btip was to cut fruit out of half a lemon, fill with salt and place on shelf inside. The salt absorbs the smells and the lemon "sweetens" the fridge.
How could that woman live like that with all those birds!
Spilt Milk odour - helicopter
Hacko - Do birds need mats.

[Jammerlijk bevlekte voor u ik het. Ik heb je opmerkingen geredigeerd. Natuurlijk. Mark]

(If that gets past the mods I\'m a dutchman)
Spilt Milk odour - helicopter
And I was just reaching for my clogs - Sorry Mark , couldn't resist a cheap gag.
Spilt Milk odour - El Hacko
only if they're on a tractor, Hans
Spilt Milk odour - billy25
sorry had to have a chuckle at this one!!

i would of given anything for the smell of sour milk a couple of years ago!! went fishing...got to beach only to find our bait had escaped (live crabs ) out of about sixty-ish'we recovered about forty, the others had dissapeared into the various nooks and crannies,between panels etc...where the blighters decided to die. only way to cure that smell was change the car!!

billy