96 Fiesta 1.8D awkward water hose access - king arthur
Actually it's not a Fiesta, it's a Courier van, but I assume they're the same.

Has anyone come across this before?

It's the Ford 1.8 NASP diesel, and the coolant hose from the water pump has split. This hose goes into a metal T-piece, the other side of which has a small hose going to the thermostat housing, and the bottom of which connects to the bottom radiator hose, and another small hose to somewhere I haven't bothered to find out.

Unfortunately, this metal T-piece is located in a very confined area between the engine block and the injector pump. Instead of just selling me a new piece of hose, Ford sold me a new hose assembly which is all moulded in one. I thought this would be a direct replacement for the T-piece assembly. It's not - it doesn't fit.

What I want to know, before I go making up a bodged piece of hose to enable this thing to fit, is can a new metal T-piece be got in or out of there without either removing the injector pump, or completely destroying it with screwdriver and hammer, as I did today, rendering it unfit for re-use! If there is a way, I can get a replacement part, if not I'll carry on engineering a way to fit this plastic assembly which I already have...
96 Fiesta 1.8D awkward water hose access - numanoop

Hi There,

I was wondering if you managed to get an answer to the question you asked ???? I have the exact same problem with my ford courier 1.8d .... Any help much appreciated.

Many thanks

96 Fiesta 1.8D awkward water hose access - TheUrbis

Considering this was posted 12 years ago, I wouldn't have thought you'll get a response!

96 Fiesta 1.8D awkward water hose access - numanoop

Yep............ it is a long shot thats for sure....