salvage cars??? - christopher watson
i have been looking at two cars, the first is a (M) reg, citroen ax 1.0 spree, it had light front end damage, but has been repaired, only thing it needs is the bonnet painting the same colour as the rest of the car, it done 47.000 miles, has FSH, is a 1994 (M), and he wants £575. if you dont believe me, then his phone number is 07930 871770.

the other car is a 1993 (L), renault clio 1.2 'oasis', it has light rear end damage to the back panel and tailgate, and is £495. and his number is 0191 5811821 or 0191 5131884.

which one do you honestly think i should get.
Re: salvage cars??? - yddap

knotted
Re: salvage cars??? - Sandy
The Citroen, some paint, and borrow a gun - actually we used to make do with a brush.

"Panel" damage can turn out to be not so light, as any user of Tesco knows.
Re: salvage cars??? - Chris
Assuming this is genuine. I'd be very careful buying a car you know is accident damaged. A buyer is always going to say the damage was light, and as Sandy says, light damage can turn out to be anything but. You might not find out until you're in an accident and the thing disintegrates around you, or until you hit the brakes hard and the structure buckles or gives way. If you must buy one of these, give it a very thorough looking over for ripples in the inner wings, cracks or unevenness in the chassis cross members, and damage to suspension mountings.

Good luck.

Chris
Re: salvage cars??? - Marc
Citroen AX has a poor rep for safety. Therefore a tap may have done structural damage
Re: salvage cars??? - coco the clown
thanks to everyone for helping me :-)