Polycarbonate Headlamp "Glass" - Deryck Tintagel
My car has polycarbonate headlamp "glass" and I was wondering if anyone had had one damaged by flying road debris - I don't fancy shelling out for a complet headlamp assembly in the event of damage.

I wouldn't expect so as headlamp protectors for traditional lenses are made of polycarb. Any comments?
Polycarbonate Headlamp "Glass" - Jazzmag
Deryck - polycarb headlamp protectors protect headlamps by effectively taking the damage themselves by virtue of the fact that they're in the way of that 100mph pebble!

Polycarb is technically a super-dense fluid and has the ability to absorb energy (by flexing) when hit. But it's not idestructable!

Obviously it can't absorb energy beyond a certain limit and will have a fail point. With repeated low energy strikes it will become visually damaged, weakend and eventually fail.
Polycarbonate Headlamp "Glass" - none
Transits have had them for some years now. Yet to see a broken or damaged one.
Polycarbonate Headlamp "Glass" - martint123
I'd much rather have a little chip or ding on a polycarb headlight than a shattered glass one.
Polycarbonate Headlamp "Glass" - Cyd
Many cars with proper glass lenses would require a complete unit in the event of lens damage due to the lens being glued to the lamp.

Fortunately for me my Rover has clipped on lenses. I've had to replace two due to stone damage at £45 a time. So, much as I hate the look I've got plastic guardes fitted now, both of which have two 'bullet holes' each. Cost effective, but ugly.

My main objection to PC lenses is that I understand they yellow with UV exposure. Unless of course a materials engineer can assure me otherwise...........
Polycarbonate Headlamp "Glass" - Civic8
Last year my mate had a brick fall from his chimney stack.not the best off things to happen.But his conservatory roof was made of polycarb.the brick broke in several places the roof a minor dent.How tough is that ??? bearing in mind his stack is 30ft tall his conservatory roof 7ft 6ins