2000 1.2 - Sunroof rattle - Altea Ego
Nicolle borrowed the Laguna for a week to visit relies in deepest Herefordshire. Papa had the clio to run around it. The rattling standard fit sunroof drove me bonkers. I know its a standard feature (the rattle) anyone know how to fix it?

Clio w reg 1.2 Grande

Edited by Webmaster on 30/04/2008 at 00:21

Clio Sunroof rattle - Edd
It means it a Clio.
All Clios with a sunroof have it.
There are fixes for it but there only temporary even with the new Clios the problem still exists.
Best fix is to get one without a sunroof.

EDD
Clio Sunroof rattle - Andrew-T
SWMBO's Clio sunroof doesn't rattle :P) so at least one of them doesn't.
Clio Sunroof rattle - Altea Ego
It will ;)
Clio Sunroof rattle - mscott
My M reg Clio's sunroof creaked and rattled, particularly when cold. I pulled the rubber edging from the inside (bit by bit) and tightened the 10mm bolts that this exposed. This helped for a while. (When the Renault garage gave me W reg Clio as a loan car I noticed its sunroof was just as rattly as mine had been).
Clio Sunroof rattle - Keith S
Anyone find a fix to this pls?
Clio Sunroof rattle - Xileno {P}
Best fix is to cut a piece of steel the same size as the roof aperture, weld it in and then get it sprayed ;-)

No fix as far as I'm aware, at least not on the Clio.
Clio Sunroof rattle - Christopher
I had this problem on my Y reg clio.
Spray a liberal amount of WD40 around the hinge area, wherever it moves as this is where the noise constanly eminates from, hold a cloth under the hinge as you spray, WD40 it goes everywhere.
I do this every six months and do not get a rattle.
Hope this helps
Clio Sunroof rattle - The Doctor
does the rattle go if you open the sun roof? if so, sounds like the handle is the fault. to fix, when the roof is open, put a piece of rubber tube over the bar on the handle.
Clio Sunroof rattle - boot
aquired a t reg clio a few months ago and the rattling comming from the sun roof was driving the wife mad as it sounded like the noise was comming from everywhere, had a good look at it at the weekend and found the problem in the end - it was rattling from the hard plastic framework on the outside on top of the roof if that makes sense, it must have lost its seal or something as the wait of the sunroof was vibrating against the roof, simple fix as I pushed three barbque sticks at a time just to lift the framework up just enough to pump some sealer under, pulled the sticks out and wiped clean and so on all round and you would not believe how quite the car is now as it drives like a new one and the wife loves it. best of luck.