Yaris 1.3 - Eric355
I'm thinking of buying a Yaris 1.3 T3, anybody any advice/experience on these vehicles.
Yaris 1.3 - jeds
Hired one in Spain for 3 weeks last year - 3 adults and 2 kids -did some long journeys and a drive to the mountains. Brilliant car. Reasonable power, comfortable and a really nice drive.
Yaris 1.3 - runboy
Had a Yaris on a number of occasions (courtesey cars) whilst my brand new Corolla has been in for rectification work.....

Says it all really for Toyota quality these days!.

But the Yaris is a nice little car-typically Jap car-plenty of plastic, easy to drive, light controls, well equiped, good residuals.

Hope my Corrola fairs better!.
Yaris 1.3 - Jaytee
I have just bought an used Yaris 1.3 CDX, 12 months old with 10k and am delighted. As others have said, its a bit plasticky inside, but the build quality is much better that the Ford I had previously. Its quiet, quite nippy for a 1.3, giving about 48mpg and seats four adults easily. If you are not a regular motorway user, I would thoroughly recommend it.

Jaytee
Yaris 1.3 - blank
Eric:

I've got a nearly new Yaris 1.0 T Spirit as a courtesy car at the moment. It is excellent.

For a car the size of it the ride and handling is incredible, it copes with horribly rutted and undulating country roads at higher speeds and more comfortably than our (already very capable) Mondeo. Nice and stable on motorways and faster roads too. Rolls a bit on corners but grips well and lets go predictably.
Speed is nothing to write home about, but it does a ton(just) and the engine is quiet even to the red line. Fuel economy (accurate trip computer) is up to 55-60 mpg if driven very gently. Thrashed at 90+ on the motorway it dips towards low 30's.
On the motorway the engine noise dominates, but more than anything that is because everytning else is so quiet. 5000rpm at 90 takes a bit of getting used to though and I thought it would become wearing, but it's ok.
Travelled 450 miles in one day and emerged at the other end with no ached and pains.
a/c only just about adequate, stereo pretty good.
Luggage space with the back seats up is rather limited.
Back seats slide fwd and back, but anything other than all the way back the rear legroom is next to nothing.
Make sure you can get a comfortable driving position because the steering wheel only adjusts for rake, not reach.

That's all I can think of for now,
Andy
Yaris 1.3 - Eric355
Thanks for all your comments.Now,where's the cheapest new car?.