Remote Hatchback Opening - Paul Robinson

A friend said they would like their next car to have 'remote hatchback opening' (i.e. from the key fob). Does anyone know where we will find a listing of cars that offer this option?

Remote Hatchback Opening - vwclipper88
its just a case of having an alarm with a key fob/CL & boot realease solenoid.
Thank you for that information, do you know a company that markets the equipment?
Remote Hatchback Opening - Dynamic Dave
The Ford Focus has a remote hatch unlock. Mind you when Jemery Clarkson demonstrated it on Top Gear a few yrs ago, he could never get it to work properly.
Remote Hatchback Opening - Cardew
Many cars in the USA have remote opening for the boot(trunk). The Chrysler Neon does and that is sold in UK.

By remote opening I mean not just unlocking but the lid springing up to about 45 degrees.
Remote Hatchback Opening - runboy
The new Honda Accord estate has a rear lifting door-all on it's own-one press of the button and up she pops (or down she goes!).

I believe some high-class Merc (S class) and BMW (7 series) may well have auto boot lids.
Remote Hatchback Opening - DF
New audi A3 also has it
Remote Hatchback Opening - RichardW
Audi A4 has unlocking from the key fob - word of warning though, if you use this to open the boot while the car is locked, the boot stays locked. If you then close the boot with the keys inside, it takes the RAC 3 hours to get them out again. My mate found this out the hard way.... (15 miles up a single track road at a remote Scottish bothy!)

Can't see it's any real benefit - you've still got to have a hand free to press the button on the fob, and I always found when I had a Focus I forget to open it from in the car if I didn't have the key to hand - annoying mostly (as well as trying to find the right button of 3 on the fob!)

RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
Remote Hatchback Opening - ShereKhan
The older Mercedes C Class has this as standard. I would imagine that the new C class would also have this too.
306 2.0 SE Cabriolet
Remote Hatchback Opening - runboy
If it's remote boot unlocking, then the Audi A2 has it too-probably all Audi's do-the key fobs all look the same.>>
Remote Hatchback Opening - madf
My 2001 Fiesta Ghia has it - great when shopping.
madf
Remote Hatchback Opening - Matt King
VW Golf and most cars of that class and above will have this for new and at least under 5 year old cars.

In the Golf's case (and most VW and Audi) a single click ooens drivers only. Double-click opens all doors including hatch.
Single click closes all doors, plus individual manual locking/unlocking on drivers and hatch doors.

If your looking for hatch only, then my Golf 1.6SE dosn't but my brother-in-laws A4 Estate does (same key fob, extra button).
Remote Hatchback Opening - No Do$h
Darn it, you found the one thing that refuses to work on the Alfa. The 156 sportwagon has this feature, but the solenoid keeps detatching from the release lever, giving a clunk without the tailgate actually opening.

Must get the tools out at the weekend..... but I won't let the old girl (the car, I hasten to add) see them or she'll get all italian on me.
Remote Hatchback Opening - Liverpaul
I think that all ford hatches above base level trim (possibly not the Ka) do. The Mondeo is one click for drivers door, two for remaining doors, and seperate for the boot. Focus just one for all doors and seperate button for boot. Standard key fob as far as I can tell.

Paul

Thanks for all the information, I've passed it on.