omega clunk - happyvaux
Hi all, car is a 2.oL 16v omega auto box. 89K on clock.

When I slow down I get a mechanical clunk sound. It's either when changing from 3rd to 2nd, or from 2nd to 1st during braking. Access is dismal underneath, even so I wouldn't know what to check 1st. Anyone any ideas? Hope I don't need a new gearbox!

Cheers,
Pete
omega clunk - Daz
I often get this too, though only intermittently, also my engine managment light comes on ocassionally when hammering it in sports mode.

I got the vauxhall dealer to read off the codes from the ECU and they couldn't decipher the problem!

omega clunk - happyvaux
Hi Daz,
sorry to hear that u have same problem but I want my post back at the top of the page...

Here's hoping someone has a clue but not "just take it to a garage!"

Cheers
Pete
omega clunk - SpamCan61 {P}
I'd post your problem over on the 'omega_owners' Yahoo group; there's a lot of autobox knowledge on that group. Then there's the free.uk.cars.vauxhall group as well.
omega clunk - happyvaux
Thanx Spam, think I'll try the free.uk option.( My Pc's only just been rescued after being 'browser hijacked & registry edited' whilst lowering security settings in order to get in to Yahoo sites.)

Cheers,
Pete.

Ps. no insult meant Daz....just being straight.
omega clunk - happyvaux
By the way, Daz I meant to tell u earlier, did u know u can get Gunson readers for £17 at Halfords to read vauxhall's EMS codes? Mine has certainly paid for itself many times over.

Pete
omega clunk - oscar
Happyvaux,

Slightly off topic. Your other thread about tappet noise. I have the same problem with a leaking exhaust manifold gasket and broken stud.

You mentioned that you found someone local to repair. Can you say who and where. Main dealer is way to expensive to repair.

Tx!
David