Fiat Punto Mia - Inca
Hi - I'm just about to buy my first car and have decided on a Fiat Punto Mia. I found the perfect one yesterday, except that it had some 'stone chip' damage to the bonnet of the car, near the badge, which has caused some paint damage and a small dent. The salesman, after some discussion, told me that he would try to get it repaired as best he could. I'm just concerned as to whether this can be done satisfactorily and whether or not I should just forget this car and look for something else. It is ok in every other way.
Fiat Punto Mia - DavidHM
How much? Brand new or used? How old is it?

It all depends on the price you're paying. If a car is being sold as new and is faulty, you have no reason to go anywhere near the car because there is *no* shortage of Puntos.

Plus it's a Fiat and (irrationally maybe) I don't like them.
Fiat Punto Mia - Inca
Thanx for replying David - it is a 51 plate, 3995 + road tax included. Most other ones I've seen are around 4,500. This is from R Vardy - because I'm new to driving I don't know enough to buy privately or from auctions. I've just had another call from the head office and they say it can be repaired quite well. ????
Fiat Punto Mia - looking4car
Hi Inca,

I bought a 51 plate Punto Mia for my mother from Reg Vardy Sunderland in Jan 2002. It was pre registered with about 6 mile on the clock. We paid 5700 or thereabouts.

We've had no problems with it. I like Fiats, nothing fancy but cheap and reliable in my experioence (No doubt others will disagree). It replaced a 12 year old Uno which had been in the family from 3,000 miles.

I've no comments on the Reg Vardy customer care as I've not been back to the garage since the day i picked it up.

Hope this helps
Fiat Punto Mia - Another John H
If you can find another 1.2K or so

www.trade-sales.co.uk/

still have some new MIAs from 4999 ( plus about 200 for odds and tax ), as per HJs weeks best deals 12th August.

3995 for a two year old car with a dent that he'll "try to get it repaired as best he could"....?
Fiat Punto Mia - DavidHM
I'd tend to go for the new one, but basically, make sure that you don't accept the deal until the car is repaired and you're happy with it.

You might have grounds for rejecting the car on the basis that it is not of satisfactory quality, but it is infinitely easier to see the quality of the work first - and if you sign anything, to get it in writing that the car will be finished to your satisfaction before the deal becomes binding.

If they won't do that, walk away.
Fiat Punto Mia - Inca
Thanx to everyone for their replies - I've decided to give this one a miss. I am tempted by trade-sales new mia offer, unfortunately u have to collect the car from Slough and I am way up in Scotland :-( - the search continues...
Fiat Punto Mia - Blue {P}
I travelled from the North East to pick up from TS in Slough, if you take someone with you then it's quite a fun day out if you build a *huge* pub lunch into the day :-)

We flew down and it only added £150 to the cost of the car, but when we were saving £3K we really didn't care! :-)

Blue